October 27, 2008

Is God Enough?

So I’ve been reading this book entitled, “Lord Change my Attitude before It’s too late” –By James MacDonald. Generally, I am the type of person who reads books rather speedily; however, I’ve been tackling this book for months now and I’m still not done. Why? Because it’s such a hard book to process…and it’s even harder to apply. Every chapter points blatantly at the blemishes within my Spiritual life…those erroneous “attitudes” that have, unfortunately, become habitual in my life. But there is a chapter within this book in particular that has caught my attention more than any other: “Replacing a doubting attitude…With an attitude of faith.” To say it in a sentence: “Only when faith replaces doubt in the life of a believer can the joy of knowing God become a reality.”

The reason I have mentioned this book in this particular blog is because when I get to Ethiopia one of the biggest challenges I am going to face is being alone. I’m not going to have my friends/family to talk to in person any time I want. Because of this, I have been trying to prepare myself for this journey by enhancing my spiritual relationship with Jesus because I want to be able to say with integrity that “God is enough” to sustain me, to comfort me, to protect me, etc. while I am in Ethiopia. Right now, I have many doubts, but I believe that the one thing I need to do in order to reverse those doubts is to take a few bold steps of faith in an effort to do what both this book and my fiancé suggest: “increase my faith.”

Please pray for me as I continue to try to change some life-long habits in an effort to reach this goal. Also, pray for these girls…because they will be in the same situation as me next semester:

*Left to Right: Sarah C. [Equador], Me [Ethiopia], Sarah H. [Australia], Kelsey G. [South Korea], Amy R. [Brazil]

-Nicole

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you

Anonymous said...

I love you Nicole
love Mom.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI miss you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Nicole. I miss you and love you very much. Your special love mom.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx