January 28, 2009

A Quick Update: via ricky and dave

so i know you're probably worried sick about me. Basically, the computers here picked up a really serious virus and, as a result, all of the computers at bingham academy and in the surrounding area have been infected. The virus is so bad that the computer experts here on campus have shut down the network entirely and they are working toward re-building the entire server. They anticipated making a lot of progress and having the computers back up and running again within a few days...but they have made no progress. We have had no internet or computer access for one week and the problem is still going strong. I'm not sure when we will have the internet back again...

Dave came spontaneously this week. Today is his last day here. He was here for 10 days and we had a lot of fun. But i'll fill you in on all that later. Since he will have internet access in Congo though...he was willing to send you guys a quick note on my behalf letting you know that i'm alright.

Anyways, I don't have a lot of time so i'll end this here. Just wanted to let you know that i'm ok. I'll get back in touch as soon as I can. Sorry I couldn't really warn you before all this happened. TIA...no internet, no computers. one week and counting.

love,
nicole

No comments: