We hiked around Mannaghescia for about two hours or so just enjoying God’s creation. Well, the students had to draw pictures of various plants for their class…but not me. I just hiked alongside the other chaperones, took pictures, and thoroughly enjoyed my mango and grape fruit salad. Yum yum. There were about four other parent chaperones that went and, believe it or not, one of them hiked all that time while wearing high heel shoes! –Seriously! She said that she wore high heels intentionally because she thought they were comfortable…but we all think that it was an accident and that she actually “forgot” to bring her sneakers with her. I guess we wont ever know for sure…but her feet must have hurt pretty badly by the time we were done hiking. Especially since she’s the one who had to run after her son who decided to run away while were at Mannaghescia. …But that’s a whole different story that is better left “unshared”.
In addition to all of the trees and plants, there were also lots of baboons around this area…and they were not afraid of us:
Literally, I used no zoom on that picture. I could have touched that thing if I wanted! But…to be entirely honest, they are butt ugly and I was a bit scared of them. I didn’t take any more pictures of them after that one. I opted, instead, to run away before it could try to steal my mango and grape fruit salad.
There are a few random “educational” signs around Mannaghescia that [written in broken English] as well. Here’s one of them that I found pretty hysterical:

Apparently, I am a notorious animal that “destroys forest” … luckily, I “scaped”. Good thing too…because otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to finish eating my mango and grape fruit salad.
I love mango and grape fruit salad.
1 comment:
No INJERA ? I BET YOU WOULD HAVE GIVEN THAT TO THE BABOONS. SEE YOU IN 4 WEEKS.
Post a Comment