Today was the 100th day of kindergarten. I spent my day wearing the most ridiculous hat ever while leading my class in 100 steps around the track and 100 exercise routines. We also decorated our door with 100 hand prints, wrote a class book about what we would buy with 100 dollars, created buildings using 100 lego's, showcased 16 different collections of 100 things, and read books about the 100th day of school. It was a good day...and I spent it with a great class.
However, the 100th day of kindergarten also marks the date on which I can "officially" tell you that I will not be teaching kindergarten next year. While I have, for the most part, enjoyed the craziness of being a kindergarten teacher [and still am]... there has been some lingering areas of frustration with my current position. That said, I am ecstatic about the opportunity I have been given to teach third grade next year. My decision to switch grades was multifaceted, but I believe wholeheartedly that third grade will be a better fit for me.
For Dave: We initially moved here with no understanding what-so-ever of what Dave's job would entail. 100 school days later, he believes that his position in the HR department is a very good fit. He has been making noteworthy progress in the HR department in regard to how payroll is managed and how employee information is maintained. It is likely that he will remain in the same position next year, with the possibility of promoting to a higher position in the future [should we stay longer than 2 years].
There are 68 more days of school before summer vacation. 68 more school days to get my kindergartners ready for 1st grade [I'm sometimes scared that they wont be...] and 68 more school days until we "possibly" start packing our bags to go home for the summer...
And in the mean time: There are 37 more days until we get our very first visitors from America. We have great things planned including surfing in Casablanca, 4-wheeling on the beach in Essouaira, and camel riding in the date palm groves of Marrakesh.
Who's visiting next? :)
-Nicole [& Dave]
P.S. - Dave's middle school soccer team did ultimately win the soccer tournament 6 to 2!

1 comment:
Great job Dave and Nicole ! We are proud of you both!
Post a Comment