July 21, 2013

[rewind] 6.10.13 - Flash Mob

   We tend to neglect this blog during the summer vacation... so allow us to catch you up slowly. Our summer has been quite incredible and we wouldn't want you to miss anything. :)

   This will be our first entry in a series of "rewind" posts, which will culminate with our most recent adventures on a Mediterranean cruise. Before recalling the grand finale of our summer vacation; however, we need to first rewind to a date before our summer had even begun...

     I confidently thrived at GWA this year; and that confidence naturally put me into more leadership roles. June 10, 2013 is proof of the fact that I've been having an awful lot of fun in the leadership spotlight. :)

    All year long I had been posing the idea of a "flash mob" to surprise the students with. Nobody had ever done one at GWA, to my knowledge, and I considered the idea to be pretty fantastic. After mentioning the idea at lunch, a fellow member of the Character team suggested that it would be fun to do at the final elementary assembly. What started as this simple dinner conversation quickly turned into action. I sought out administration permission, planned the assembly date, recruited a choreographer (the other third grade teacher), scheduled after-school dance rehearsals, and sent out mass e-mails to remind staff members to come to practice. The flash mob was a huge success! If you're friends with us on Facebook, you can see the video here. Otherwise, you can drool over these pictures and wish you had been there to dance with us.

photo credit: MT
photo credit: MT
photo credit: MT
-Nicole

No comments: