April 28, 2013

Toys

    Do you remember when I wrote about The Character Team and how we organized a clothes drive to help out the kids at a poor, local school? I mentioned in that post that the kindergarten teacher begged us to help her classroom by considering a donation of toys because they had none.
    Well, I helped to organize a casual dress day to raise money for that classroom. Students and teachers had to pay 10 dirhams (about $1) in order to opt out of uniform dress and be able to wear jeans to school. We raised over $500! Anne and I took the money and went toy shopping at the mall. Thankfully, the individuals at the cash registers were not overly frustrated with us since we had to pay almost entirely with coins.
    This week, Anne and I (and one Moroccan assistant who helped translate), delivered the toys to the kindergarten classroom. They were so excited to receive such a blessing.

An entire trunk full of educational kindergarten toys!
A blurry picture of us with the kindergarten teacher and some of the kids
Us with the kindergarten teacher and the director of the school

-Nicole

1 comment:

Dad said...

Very nice!